Why Focus on Questioning?
- Promotes higher order thinking, problem-solving and thinking
- Scaffolds learning for ALL students to reach higher levels of thinking
- greater retention of knowledge
- deeper understanding
- creates motivation to learn
- challenges students to see beyond "just the facts"
- provides opportunities for personal meaning and connections
- encourage inquiry
- values collaborative thinking through discussion
- All knowledge results from questions - therefore, questioning is our MOST important intellectual tool!
When should I ask lower and higher leveled questions
When should I ask lower leveled questions:
When should I ask higher leveled questions:
Please select the button that corresponds to your content area.